Sunday 13 October 2013

What I love - beaches. And Kakadu and the Great Barrier Reef and ...



This is one of my favourite photos at the beach. I took it one morning when the water was so clear.



And this is another - of the actual beach.

I used to think that rising sea levels meant that the beach would move further back. But it doesn't of course - it would mean the beach disappears.

There is a thing that's been on twitter recently about things we love, that we could lose with climate change What I love

Beaches are one of the things I love, that I grew up with, that my kids had, that I want my grandchildren to have too, and everyone. And Kakadu and the Great Barrier Reef and Port Fairy and Gypsy Point ....

And people who live on low lying islands in the Pacific, they should be able to keep their homes. You can support them here Majuro Declaration

Classified as: reflective journal - beautiful world, advocacy

No comments: